If you're looking for something quick to make as a last minute Valentine's Day treat for tomorrow how about these chocolate dipped shortbread hearts? They're a winner with friends and family too!
- 250g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 360g plain flour
- chocolate to decorate
Makes approximately 30 hearts
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5 / 190C / 375F
- Beat butter and sugar together until they are smooth
- Gradually fold in the flour until a smooth dough forms
- Put the dough in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes
- Roll out the dough until it's approximately 1cm thick
- Cut into heart shapes and place onto a greaseproof paper lined baking tray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
- Once cool dip each heart into melted chocolate and leave to set.. then enjoy!
Are you baking any treats for Valentine's Day?