The peplum waist was popular on the Spring/Summer 2012 catwalk with numerous designers including Marchesa and Vera Wang showcasing peplums in their collections.
It's a key trend for this season and easy to incorporate into your wardrobe with peplum ruffles appearing on dresses, jackets and tops. The flare of fabric helps define your figure, can cinch in your waist and creates a flattering silhouette. What's not to love?!
The Peplum is a celebrity style favourite with Chalize Theron attending the recent Bafta Tea Party in LA in a pretty yellow Stella McCartney creation with a peplum waist. Michelle Williams appeared on Jay Leno earlier this month in a cute peplum dress by Jason Wu from his Spring 2012 collection.
The trend is filling the high street too offering peplums to suit all styles and budgets
1. Pink Peplum Top - H&M - £12.99
2. Purple Peplum Dress - Miss Selfridge - £39.00
3. Red Peplum Dress - Dorothy Perkins - £30.00
4. Polka Dot Peplum Dress - River Island - £40.00
5. Floral Peplum Skirt - Awear - £40.00
6. Striped Peplum Top - Oasis - £20.00
7. Beige Peplum Dress - Awear - £35.99
8. Peplum Bodycon Skirt - Topshop - £28.00
9. Green Peplum Dress - Dorothy Perkins - £28.00
10. Monochrome Peplum Dress - Oasis - £69.99
Keep the rest of your outfit simple and don't overload on accessories for a sleek and chic look.
Will you be wearing Peplums this season?